Friday, June 6, 2008

Perspective


I have a great pair of sunglasses. They came free for renewing our season tickets with the Phoenix Suns (last season). What is remarkable about them being from LAST SEASON is that I STILL have them after one year! Usually sunglasses only last about a month before they are forgotten, misplaced or destroyed and I am mumbling stuff under my breath about frequent senior moments. But these, I am guarding with my life. Anyways, they are orange tinted and I call them great because everything viewed through orange looks prettier.
*Brown grass looks green
* mountains look purple
* flowers look more vivid
* my dog looks groomed
* my husband looks less hairy
* my floors look clean
* Phoenix air looks - well, um, CLEAR
These could replace the mood ring as the greatest invention known to man!
As far as I know, they don't make the wearer look thinner or younger or wiser BUT they DO go a long ways towards making the wearer artificially more pleasant. My kids are thankful.

They've got me thinking on a broad scale too. I am contacting glass companies. Just imagine if we simply tinted car windshields orange. Homes and businesses w/only orange windows. Perhaps, TV screens too. Filth removal! WOW! I think I'm really onto something here.





2 comments:

Liz said...

You've already sold me on your idea!

Hischild said...

Guess what??
Less than a week after posting this, I have LOST the glasses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sigh)