Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Teen Actions at Mid-Life


Those who know me well, know that I have gone a bit cookoo lately. I can tell when they roll their eyes and *try* to change the subject. (ha ha) I managed to escape this phenomena as a teenager. Now at the age most of my friends are becoming grandparents, I have become a fan. I'm told that's short for fanatic.

I have become a big fan of Chris Sligh. Yeah, the guy who brought chubby back on American Idol season 6. I am such a fan that I spent a considerable amount of my husband's future earnings to go to Nashville last weekend to attend a picnic he held for his fans. That evening he also treated us to a concert. There, I met up w/a lot of nice people I've been talking to online for over a year. The very thing we tell our kids NOT to do.

Anyways, having arrived on July 4th we all got the benefit of attending a free Chris Sligh concert in Mount Joliet, TN complete w/a pretty decent fireworks show. A great time was had by all and now I get to look forward to the coming weekend when he arrives for THREE shows in the Phoenix area! Woohoo! July is turning out to be a GREAT month for me!




1 comment:

Liz said...

Good for you! Moms with teens need to have their own fun too! Little do your kids know, this is how you deal with not killing them (tee hee)