Thursday, July 10, 2008

Best TV Show of All Time! IMO


Drum roll, please.

....

American Idol

Yeah, I'm a AI freak! Have watched since middle of season 2. Attended tour concerts for seasons 4, 5, 6 & 7. That's a lot of money spent. Had to fly to San Diego for season 5 concert. Sheesh!


I guess you gotta love pop music to love Idol. You also gotta not care if & when the producers are yankin your chain. I love to speculate if this thing is really pure. DO America's votes really count?? Do they let them count only when the results agree w/the producers wishes?? The fine print says producers reserve the right to alter results. I wanna know IF they do, and WHEN they do and WHY they do it! Intrigue and conjecture is fun.


But all that speculation is merely interesting when you love music AND rags to riches stories. I love how the show takes unknowns, puts them through the ultimate show business boot camp for all to see, boosts them to instant stardom and then spits them out on the sidewalk. You've got the fame, now go out there and flesh it out. Make music that America wants to buy. I think I'm as much interested in their afterlife as I am while they are connected to Idol.


Auditions for Season 8 in Phoenix is only a few days away now. This time I know a couple kids who are trying out. We'll see... Pass the popcorn and the remote please.



1 comment:

Liz said...

Who? Who? (Who's trying out?) I can hardly stand it. I know you're still up at this hour!