Friday, July 11, 2008

Pet Peeves and Mind Control


The other day someone mentioned their pet peeves. Immediately I started making a mental list of my own. After about 6 of them, I got a little surly. Hey! I WAS having a pretty good day! My thoughts turned to the term itself. PET peeves. Yeah, we nurture our pets, we love our pets, we look forward to spending time with them. Ever know someone who actually seems to think that way about the things that really tick them off? Ever been one of them yourself?? I have. YUCK!

I think one of the most important commands in the Bible is: Take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. Or put simply - YOU, CONTROL YOUR MIND! We usually think of mind control in the negative. You know, someone else trying to impose their rules of behavior on the unwilling. Why don't we immediately see it in the positive?? God's Spirit working in us to be obedient to Him. Oh, for more of that kind of mind control!